Friday, September 12, 2008

I love bikes! I think it's necessary to say that so that you don't think I'm crazy when you look at the next few photos.  Following are a few bikes that I have recently picked up (concurrent with the tandem) Hey, it takes time for paint to dry and I need something to do while that's going on.  
First up we have a 1970's AMF pacemaker 27 a sweet 10 speed road bike I picked up at a local thrift shop for $16.39 (after tax) that I have already sold to a friend who needs a bike for transportation.  the tires are in fine shape and all that this beauty needed was some air in the tubes.  I hope Beau loves this thing as much as I do.

I rode the AMF over to my friend Steve's house to show him my sweet find... He gave me this Free Spirit womens 10 speed that he had bought for parts.  I stripped the front derailleur, shift levers, cables, and fixed the rear derailleur so it rides on the second gear.  Now I have a "single speed coastie" meaning it is a single speed bike that still has a flywheel (so I can coast and not pedal constantly) In order to keep it low budget, for now I have left the rear cassette in place and am using the rear derailleur as my chain tensioner (since it no longer shifts), and it still has both cogs up front because it was a cheap bike to start with and I cannot remove the large one as the smaller is tack welded to it.  Who cares.  I have a 42-17 ratio single speed coastie for free and about 15 minutes labor.This sweet ride, my Texas Rangerette-1, another craigslist find.  This beautiful little girls bike is my new pride and joy.  $40 and a drive to atlanta and it was mine.  I brought it home, used steel wool to remove the rust from the handlebars, sissy bar, seat post, fenders, and wheels.  I replaced the grips, tubes and tires, got a sweet bell.  Next on my list is a longer sissy bar, install the seat I already have for it, and new pedals.  Any suggestions for more modifications?
My sweet dice tire caps
my bell :)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home